UK Sailmakers Pre-Season Racing Clinic
For Mid-Island Yacht Clubs
March 9-10, 2019
In conjunction with Schooner Cove Yacht Club, Nanaimo Yacht Club, Deep Bay Yacht Club, Ladysmith Yacht Club and Maple Bay Yacht Club, Stuart Dahlgren of UK Sailmakers will deliver a Racing Clinic for mid-island yacht club racers in Nanaimo, March 9-10, 2019. Participants will be racing skippers and crew members from central Vancouver Island yacht clubs. The Clinic will include:
- Saturday March 9, commencing at 1300 at Nanaimo Yacht Club
- Presentation and discussion to explain Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020
- A meat chili dinner with a vegetarian option will be included; the NYC Club Bar will be open during dinner and in the evening
- Informal discussion with Q&A during the evening
- Sunday March 10, commencing with a Skippers Meeting at 0900 at Nanaimo Yacht Club
- On the water practice of starts and mark roundings, observed by Stuart Dahlgren on the water and by drone
- Debrief discussion and analysis using videos from Stuart’s drone.
Participants are expected to bring boats for the “On the water” practice of starts and mark roundings if possible. Boats will be moored at NYC. In the event that weather prevents boats from MBYC, LMS, DBYC and/or SCYC being delivered to Nanaimo but local conditions in Nanaimo are OK to sail, participants from those clubs will be accommodated on NYC boats as far as possible.
Participants are expected to bring a copy of the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020 and their own paper and pen for taking notes. Copies of the RRS 2017-2020 will be available at NYC for participants requesting one in advance with their registration.
Registration is required by March 1, 2019. The price for this event is $20.00 per participant, which includes the Saturday evening meal. Payment for participation, plus RRS Rule Book if required, must be made online as instructed in the registration form. TO REGISTER CLICK HERE
Early Bird Draw: UK Sailmakers has generously provided a UK Sailmakers Duffel Bag for the skipper of a boat randomly selected from among those boats registered by February 15, 2019.
Check out the Education area on the UK Sailmakers website! http://www.uksailmakers.com/search?q=education