SCYC Spring Cruise June 5 -July 2
SPRING CRUISE to the Broughton Archipelago - June 5 - July 2
There are currently 16 boats signed up for the cruise. Note that you can join and leave the cruise at any time, going on your own side-trips if you wish. This is the club's annual 'long cruise' and is flexible for this reason. About half of the boats signed up will be doing this.
Approximately 3-4 weeks
- The choices heading north include a direct route through Comox, Campbell River, Johnstone Strait and Port Harvey (approx. 127 nm) or
- an indirect route via Garden Bay, Powell River, Refuge Cove, Dent Island and Port Harvey (approx.142 nm)
- details will be provided at the pre-cruise meeting.
- Major stops to include 4 club rendezvous locations:
- June 11/12 - Lagoon Cove
- June 15/16 - Echo Bay - Prime Rib dinner at Pierre's planned for one of the nights
- June 19/20 - Sullivan Bay
- June 24/25 - Port McNeill - side trip to Alert Bay planned for one day
Boaters planning to participate must make their own reservations at the above locations and advise the Staff Captains of their bookings and intentions. Please book early to avoid disappointment!
Cruise meeting: Monday May 7- 1300 hrs at the Afterdeck for all those interested.
Please send an email indication of interest to Doug and Jo at