NEW: CRUISING STATION AT JOHN HENRY'S RESORT & MARINA
Cruising Stations - Privileges and Guidelines
One of the key benefits as a member of Schooner Cove Yacht Club is access to limited free moorage at each of our five Cruising Stations. Cruising Stations include GENOA BAY MARINA, LADYSMITH MARITIME SOCIETY COMMUNITY MARINA, GARDEN BAY HOTEL AND MARINA (located in Pender Harbour), JOHN HENRY'S RESORT AND MARINA (also located in Pender Harbour) and GORGE HARBOUR MARINA RESORT on Cortes Island.
Under signed agreements, SCYC provides funds to the marinas to be used as a deposit from which funds are withdrawn to pay for the moorage of our members. These deposits will be refreshed as long as club funds are available.
When using Cruising Station moorage privileges, please follow the guidelines below:
- call the marina either the same day or make an advance reservation. No space is reserved for SCYC members on an ongoing basis. Therefore, if the marina is full, no moorage privileges can be used at that time.
- show your SCYC membership card with the CURRENT YEAR sticker to be eligible for the program. As long as funds are available, your moorage will be at no charge.
- the marina will require the boat name and length to charge our club deposit.
- all other charges beyond the moorage fee, such as power, water, cancellation fees, etc. are the responsibility of the member and must be paid directly by the member.
- with limited funds for this program, members are restricted to 2 nights per calendar month per Cruising Station, as long as funds are available.
- ensure you are flying the SCYC burgee.
* * * N E W * * * JOHN HENRY'S RESORT AND MARINA * * * N E W * * *
4907 Pool Road, Garden Bay, B.C. V0N 1S0
Monitor VHF: 66A (cruising season only) www.johnhenrysresortmarina.com
SCYC Executive are pleased to confirm that a Cruising Station agreement has been initiated in Pender Harbour with John Henry's Resort and Marina (formerly Fishermen's Marina).
This cruising station can be used forthwith. Reservations are recommended.
John Henry's now includes the fuel dock, store, post office and a new cafe.
NOTE: with the addition of a second Cruising Station at Pender Harbour it is intended that members will select only one to use for the two nights per month or, alternatively, one night per month at each station. It is intended that members will NOT use two nights at each per month.
GARDEN BAY HOTEL AND MARINA
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO FURTHER FUNDS AVAILABLE AT THIS CRUISING STATION AND NO PLANS TO RENEW IN 2017.
GENOA BAY MARINA
5000 Genoa Bay Road #9, Duncan, B.C. V9L 5Y8
Monitor VHF: 66A
Genoa Bay Marina link - click here or call 250-746-7621
Genoa Bay Marina has 1200 feet of dock space, with all side ties, available for transient and permanent use. Water, plus 15, 30 and 50 amp power is available. Amenities include washrooms and showers, laundry, picnic tables, WIFI, fine dining restaurant, fax, postal service, internet/email services, marina store with grocery and marine supplies, etc.
Genoa Bay is located on the north side of Cowichan Bay. Also see Nav Canada marine chart #3478 (plans Salt Spring Island) for detailed approach information and depth markings.
LADYSMITH MARITIME SOCIETY COMMUNITY MARINA (LMS)
610 Oyster Bay Road, Ladysmith, B.C. V9G 1K4
Monitor VHF: 66A
Ladysmith Maritime Society Community Marina link - click here or call 250-245-1146
Instructions for Making On-Line Reservations:
2. Fill in details requested.
3. Password for Schooner Cove Yacht Club is: SchoonerYCcove (note case sensitive upper and lower case 'C')
4. Make sure you enter your membership number and have your card ready when checking in.
LMS has 1,100 feet of visitor moorage on a single visitor dock, with all side ties, plus overflow space. You will usually be directed to the Visitor Dock. Water and power are available. Amenities include washrooms and showers, laundry, lounge with big screen TV, picnic tables, WIFI, Oyster Bay Cafe with breakfast and lunch menus. Dine on the dock every second Friday evening May - September and Music on the Dock Thursdays, July - September, museum and heritage boats. A shuttle bus is available to take you to the Ladysmith shopping district.
Located in Ladysmith Harbour, LMS is the first marina on your port side, after Tansfer Beach, behind the white floating tanks/breakwater, as you enter the harbour.
GORGE HARBOUR MARINA RESORT
1374 Hunt Road, Whaletown, B.C. V0P 1A0
Phone (250) 935-6433, Monitor VHF: 66A
For Reservations email www.gorgeharbour.com
Gorge Harbour Marina on Cortes Island, has approximately 1,800 feet of dock space available with side ties. Water and 15 and 30 amp power are available. Amenities include washrooms with showers, laundry facilities, swimming pool and dining at the Float House Restaurant. An onsite convenience store offers groceries including local produce, fresh baking, liquor, boater supplies and propane. In addition to water, both gasoline and diesel are available on the dock.