CRUISING STATIONS - PRIVILEGES AND GUIDELINES
One of the key benefits as a member of the Schooner Cove Yacht Club is access to limited free moorage at each of our five CRUISING STATIONS. These include GENOA BAY MARINA, LADYSMITH MARITIME SOCIETY COMMUNITY MARINA, JOHN HENRY’S RESORT & MARINA located in Pender Harbour, GORGE HARBOUR MARINA RESORT on Cortes Island and OTTER BAY MARINA on North Pender Island.
Under signed agreements, SCYC provides funds to the marinas to be used as a deposit from which funds are withdrawn to pay for the moorage of our members. These deposits will be refreshed as long as club funds are available.
When using Cruising Station moorage privileges, please follow the Guidelines below:
- call the marina either the same day or make an advance reservation. No space is reserved for SCYC members on an ongoing basis. Therefore, if the marina is full, no moorage privileges can be used at that time.
- Show your SCYC membership card with the CURRENT YEAR sticker to be eligible for the program. As long as funds are available, your moorage will be at no charge.
- The marina will require the boat name, length and member number to charge our club deposit. Please ensure that your information is legible and complete when registering.
- All other charges beyond the moorage fee, such as power, water, cancellation fees, etc. are the responsibility of the member and must be paid directly by the member.
- Members are restricted to 2 nights per calendar month per Cruising Station, as long as funds are available. In addition, total nights per year (April 1 to March 31) are limited to eight (8) nights for all cruising stations combined.
- Ensure you are flying the SCYC burgee.
- Note: this benefit is not available to Social Members.
GENOA BAY MARINA
5000 Genoa Bay Road #9, Duncan, B.C. V9L 5Y8
Phone: (250) 746-7621 Monitor VHF: 66A
Genoa Bay Marina has 1200 feet of dock space, with all side ties, available for transient and permanent use. Water, plus 15, 30 and 50 amp power is available. Amenities include washrooms and showers, laundry, picnic tables, WIFI, fine dining restaurant, fax, postal service, internet/email services, marina store with grocery and marine supplies, etc.
Genoa Bay is located on the north side of Cowichan Bay. Also see Nav Canada marine chart #3478 (Plans Salt Spring Island) for detailed approach information and depth markings.
LADYSMITH MARITIME SOCIETY COMMUNITY MARINA (LMS)
610 Oyster Bay Road, Ladysmith, B.C. V9G 1K4
Phone: (250) 245-1146 Monitor VHF: 66A
Ladysmith Maritime Society Community Marina link - click here or call 250-245-1146
Instructions for Making On-Line Reservations:
2. Fill in details requested.
3. Password for Schooner Cove Yacht Club is located in the Members Area in the Members Overview section (note the password is case sensitive!)
4. Make sure you enter your membership number and have your card ready when checking in.
LMS has 1,100 feet of visitor moorage on a single visitor dock, with all side ties, plus overflow space. You will usually be directed to the Visitor Dock. Water and power are available. Amenities include washrooms and showers, laundry, lounge with big screen TV, picnic tables, WIFI, Oyster Bay Café with breakfast and lunch menus. Dine on the dock every second Friday evening May – September and Music on the Dock Thursdays, July – September, museum and heritage boats.
Located in Ladysmith Harbour, LMS is the first marina on your port side, after Tansfer Beach, behind the white floating tanks/breakwater, as you enter the harbour.
JOHN HENRY’S RESORT & MARINA INC.
4907 Pool Road, Garden Bay, B.C. V0N 1S0
Monitor VHF: 66A (cruising season only)
Or Telephone: 604-883-2253
John Henry’s Resort and Marina (formerly Fisherman’s Resort and Marina) is our cruising station in Pender Harbour. John Henry’s is located in the Hospital Bay area of Pender Harbour. Reservations are recommended.
John Henry's now includes the fuel dock, general store that includes a liquor store, fresh produce and groceries, an ATM, propane, bait, ice, fishing and boating supplies, post office and a new café. There are also cottages for rent year round.
There are 2,300 linear feet of docks for transient, seasonal and long-term moorage in a deep water, sheltered harbour. On-site facilities for mariners include washrooms with showers, laundry, fresh water, garbage and recycling.
GORGE HARBOUR MARINA RESORT
1374 Hunt Road, Whaletown, B.C. V0P 1Z0
Phone (250) 935-6433, Monitor VHF: 66A
Gorge Harbour Marina on Cortes Island, has approximately 1,800 feet of dock space available with side ties. Water and 15 or 30 amp power are available. Amenities include washrooms with showers, laundry facilities, swimming pool and dining at the Float House Restaurant. An onsite convenience store offers groceries including local produce, fresh baking, liquor, boater supplies and propane. In addition to water, both gasoline and diesel is available on the dock.
OTTER BAY MARINA
2311 MacKinnon Rd, Pender Island, BC, V0N 2M1
Phone (250) 629-3579
Reservations are recommended. Go to http://otterbaymarina.ca for more info and to register.
Otter Bay Marina is located on the west side of North Pender Island, facing Swanson Channel. The entrance is just to the East of the BC Ferry Terminal. Look for the Flag deck and breakwater.
On arrival, hail on VHF 66A and you will be guided into your slip.
Caution: a green spar buoy lies off the corner of the breakwater. Keep the spar buoy to Port when entering Otter Bay, and to Starboard when departing. Especially at low tide, do not pass between the buoy and the breakwater.
Amenities include washrooms and showers, laundry, WIFI, store, cafe and pool.
3521 Dolphin Drive, Nanoose Bay, B.C. V9P 9J7
Phone (250) 468-5364
MEMBER MOORAGE AT SCHOONER COVE
For those members who moor their boats elsewhere, SCYC will reimburse the moorage cost when bringing their boats from their home marina to Fairwinds Marina for SPECIFIC club events. Moorage Fees will be reimbursed upon submission, to the Rear Commodore, of the appropriate receipt, for ONE night moorage per event, charges for power excluded.
Events qualifying for reimbursement are limited to the Sea Lion Cruise, Sail Past and the Club (Fleet) Regatta.
If you have any questions, please contact the Rear Commodore.