Ahoy SCYC cruisers!! Below, you’ll find the overview of the club’s exciting 2019 cruise opportunities. We encourage all members, family and friends to join in the fun and discover some exciting destinations. If you’re new to the club, new to the area or new to boating, club cruises are an excellent way to meet fellow members, explore the coast, while at the same time hone your boating skills. All cruises will have experienced boating members along who will support and guide
Please note that cruise details could be subject to change so members should consult the website www.scyc.ca for updates or contact the cruise captains at
Spring Cruise to Vancouver and Sunshine Coast
June 10 – June 18
Approximately 9 days
- Stops to include Silva Bay, Snug Harbour, Coal Harbour, Indian Arm, Keats, Gibsons and Pender Harbour
- Included will be a stop at our cruising station, John Henrys
Cruise meeting: Tuesday May 14 - 1300 hrs at the Afterdeck, for all those interested. Please send an email with your indication of interest or questions to Janette and Scott at
Summer Cruise to Desolation Sound
July 24 – August 7
Approximately 14 days
- Stops to include Lund, Refuge Cove, Von Dunop Inlet, Octopus Islands, Rebecca Spit, Gorge Harbour and Tribune Bay
- The cruise will include major rendezvous / provisioning points every 3-4 days so boats are able to adjust their personal itineraries to their convenience.
- Included will be a visit to our cruising station at Gorge Harbour and if you choose John Henry’s
Cruise meeting: Thursday June 27 - 1300 hrs at the Afterdeck, for all those interested. Please send an email indication of interest or questions to Janette and Scott at
Fall Cruise to Otter Bay - Pender Island
Sept 1 - Sept 5
SCYC Otter Bay Rendezvous
Sept 1st to Sept 5th
• Departure from Fairwinds is at individual boater discretion. However should you wish to join us, we have booked Sept 1st at Telegraph Marina on Thetis Island and will anchor at Montague on Sept 2nd.
• The cruise will highlight a 2 night stop (Sept 3rd and Sept 4th) at our newest cruising station, Otter Bay on Pender Island. Where the swimming pool, barbecue pits, kayaks and coffee shop will all be available. Tours of Seastar winery and Pender golfing will be possible. A fabulous club barbecue is planned for the evening of September 4th.
• Departure from Otter Bay will be mid day on September 5th, with SCYC boaters arranging their own individual itineraries back to Fairwinds.
- Cruise meeting: Tuesday August 13 – 1300 hrs. Afterdeck. For all those interested. Please send an email indication of interest or questions to Janette and Scott at