Ahoy SCYC cruisers!! Below, you’ll find the overview of the club’s exciting 2019 cruise opportunities. We encourage all members, family and friends to join in the fun and discover some exciting destinations. If you’re new to the club, new to the area or new to boating, club cruises are an excellent way to meet fellow members, explore the coast, while at the same time hone your boating skills. All cruises will have experienced boating members along who will support and guide
Please note that cruise details could be subject to change so members should consult the website www.scyc.ca for updates or contact the cruise captains at
Spring Cruise to Vancouver and Sunshine Coast
June 10 – June 18
Approximately 9 days
- Stops to include Silva Bay, Snug Harbour, Coal Harbour, Indian Arm, Keats, Gibsons and Pender Harbour
- Included will be a stop at our cruising station, John Henrys
Summer Cruise to Desolation Sound
July 24 – August 10
Approximately 17 days
- Stops to include Lund, Roscoe Bay, Refuge Cove, Von Dunop Inlet, Francis Bay, Octopus Islands, Rebecca Spit, Gorge Harbour and Tribune Bay
- The cruise will include major rendezvous / provisioning points every 3-4 days so boats are able to adjust their personal itineraries to their convenience.
- Included will be a visit to our cruising station at Gorge Harbour
Fall Cruise to the San Juan Islands
August 30 - Sept 12
Approximately 2 weeks
- Stops to include Thetis Island (in conjunction with NYC corn roast – see below), Genoa Bay, clearing customs in Roche Harbour and then moorages and anchorages on San Juan, Orcas, Lopez and Succia Islands, return and clear customs at Pender or Sidney.
- The cruise will highlight rendezvous points every 3-4 days so boats are able to adjust their personal itineraries and convenience.
- Telegraph Harbour rendevouz as well as a stop at our cruising station at Genoa Bay
Cruise meeting: Tuesday August 13 – 1300 hrs. Afterdeck. For all those interested. Please send an email indication of interest or questions to Janette and Scott at s