details subject to change - find updates on www.scyc.ca
June 5 - July 2 Spring Cruise to the Broughton Archipelago
- Approximately 3-4 weeks
- The choices heading north include a direct route through Comox, Campbell River, Johnstone Strait and Port Harvey (approx. 127 nm) or
- an indirect route via Garden Bay, Powell River, Refuge Cove, Dent Island and Port Harvey (approx.142 nm)
- details will be provided at the pre-cruise meeting.
- Major stops to include 4 club rendezvous locations:
- June 11/12 - Lagoon Cove
- June 15/16 - Echo Bay - Prime Rib dinner at Pierre's planned for one of the nights
- June 19/20 - Sullivan Bay
- June 24/25 - Port McNeill - side trip to Alert Bay planned for one day
- Cruise meeting: Monday May 7- 1300 hrs at the Afterdeck for all those interested.
July 20 - July 29 Summer Cruise to the Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound & into Vancouver
- Stops will include Pender Harbour, Secret Cove, Snug Cove, Coal Harbour/False Creek, Silva Bay and Newcastle Island. Click here to see a detailed itinerary.
September 10-20 Fall Cruise to the Gulf Islands and Victoria
- Approximately 10 days
- Stops to include Ladysmith, Maple Bay, Sidney/North Saanich, Royal Victoria YC and Victoria Harbour
Inter-Club Corn Roast at Telegraph Harbour Marina - Aug 31 to Sept 2.
Organized by the Nanaimo Yacht Club, the Inter-Club Corn Roast at Telegraph Harbour Marina on Thetis Island is being held Aug 31 to Sep 2. This annual event has always been successful and enjoyed by attendees. The food is great, with games all weekend as well as the live entertainment by Andy McCormack on Saturday night.
NYC welcomes all club members to join in the festivities and hopefully meet new boaters. This could turn into lasting friendships.
This year's festivities will be as follows:
- Arrive Fri. Aug 31st. and leave Mon Sep 3rd.
- Costs are 20.00 per adult and 8.00 per child for the weekend
Please CALL Telegraph Harbour Marina any time after MAY 1st. at 1 (800) 246-6011 or 1-250-246-9511. Reservations can not be made via email. Please reserve early as the dock space fills up quickly.
As per last year if we fill up the dock space then Med mooring will be available.
Please email with boat name and names of attendees so we can keep track of numbers.