schooner cove reciprocal yacht clubs
RECIPROCAL PRIVILEGES & GUIDELINES
One of the benefits as a member of the Schooner Cove Yacht Club is a reciprocal moorage agreement with other yacht clubs. You can moor your vessel at low or no cost at many private and public marinas along the British Columbia and Washington coasts with various rules and conditions established by each club. Please follow their rules.
The information is embedded from the yachtdestinations.org website. Latitude and longitudes should not be used for navigational purposes. Use the scroll bar along the bottom of this inset to move left and right; you'll find the moorage information for each reciprocal club under the heading "info" on the right-hand side. Click on the actual club name to visit their website.
USING THE RECIPROCAL AT FAIRWINDS SCHOONER COVE MARINA
Schooner Cove Yacht Club, through the generous support of Fairwinds, offers reciprocal moorage at Fairwinds Schooner Cove Marina. This facility is privately owned by Fairwinds. Please call the marina office by phone or radio for slip assignment. Reservations for reciprocal space are not accepted by Fairwinds Schooner Cove Marina; this space is available on a first come first serve basis. However, if you wish to make a reservation for regular paid moorage you may do so by contacting the marina office at 250-468-5364 or radio 66A.
WHEN EXERCISING RECIPROCAL MOORAGE PRIVILEGES AT OTHER CLUBS PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BELOW:
- Reciprocal yacht clubs require proof of current membership in the SCYC. Carry your current SCYC membership card and be prepared to cheerfully present it if required.
- Some yacht clubs require proof of yacht ownership and liability insurance coverage; be prepared to present this information if requested.
- Your SCYC burgee must be flown while visiting other yacht clubs and in a US courtesy flag should also be flown in US waters.
- All conditions are subject to change without notice so calling ahead is strongly recommended; many clubs require reservations whereas others do not allow reservations to be made. Slips are very limited and demand is high for guest docks so have alternative plans available. An up to date list with links to each yacht club's website is available on the SCYC website.
- A master binder is maintained by the Reciprocal Chairperson.
- Register at the Marina office or Clubhouse of each reciprocal you visit. Yacht Clubs often want you to register even when no payment is required, so they can track club visits.
- It is appropriate to send a thank you card to reciprocal clubs that you visit, to let them know that you enjoyed their hospitality and that we appreciate their reciprocal agreement with SCYC.