Racing & Regatta
SCYC hosts an active racing program based at Fairwinds Marina. Racing is the best way to learn about the intricacies and joy of sailing. Our inclusive racing program welcomes all kinds and ages of sailors, from experienced racers to novices.
Enjoy the camaraderie, fun, and exhilaration of yacht racing! Our skippers and crew compete locally and at other racing events in BC, Washington, and Oregon.
Contact the Fleet Captain by email link if you’d like more information. We are proud of our racing program. Our club racing which was featured in an article in the Spring 2018 edition of the Fairwinds publication ‘Passions’. The article can be found by clicking here.
- Sunday Club Races during fall, winter and spring (handicapped).
- Wednesday Evening Summer Fun Racing – ideal for sailors who like to race, or want to learn, but don’t want to get too serious about it.
- June Regatta featuring the Lasqueti Island Race. This regatta offers comeptitive racing and draws boats from Victoria to Campbell River.
- September Fleet Regatta with the focus on fun.
Racing & Regatta Registration
SCYC 2021 Fleet Regatta Registration – SUBJECT TO COVID RESTRICTIONS
The 2021 SCYC Fleet Regatta takes place on Sept.12th. Join in the on-water activity then enjoy a post-race social at Fairwinds. Please use this form to register for the race (Section One) and/or the onshore social activities (Section Two). Please note that there is a fee of $25 per person for non-member crew and guests to attend the onshore festivities.
Series Racing Registration
Non-member skippers require prior approval of the Fleet Captain to enter their boats in an SCYC PHRF race or race series. If approved, non-member skippers will be subject to the following schedule of fees:
- Single Race $10, Race Series $25
- Annual Race Program $60
- Fees for a single race or race series will be waived the first time a non-member skipper enters his or her boat in a club race.
- There is no fee for Wednesday’s fun racing.