Winter Rally #1 — Jan 9, 2022
The end of the Fall Rally Series seems like a long time ago. Its time to go sailing again!
Attached are the results for the Fall Series. Spud and its motley crew squeaked out a win by one point, followed by Troublemaker, Early Dawn and Blue Heron all tied for second place. In third place was Regalo, which suffered a DNS.
Attached is a course for the first rally of the Winter Series. We will start near Gerald Island to facilitate any boats joining us from Beachcomer. (It will also allow us to warm up our diesels properly. Skippers meeting at 1000.
Go/No go decision Saturday or early Sunday morning. Remember, sailing in January is warmer than a day of skiing. Send me a short email if you are in.
Happy New Year to all!
Winter Rally #2 — Jan 23, 2022
Time to rally again. We had great conditions two weeks ago – good winds, some sun and balmy temperatures.
The weather man is talking about a mix of sun and clouds and +6 C for next Sunday. Most wind forecasts at the moment are for light air, but we can always hope.
Course is attached. Skippers meeting at 1000. First boat across the line at 1030. All boats must finish by 1500. All boats to monitor ch 69.
Go/No go decision announced Saturday or early Sunday morning. Let me know who is sailing.
Winter Rally #3 — Feb 6, 2022
The weatherman is promising identical weather on Sunday as he/she did for the last rally. A mix of sun and clouds, 7C and light winds. Despite the forecast of light air, all skippers found enough wind to complete the course within the prescribed time.
The course for this week’s rally is attached. Send me a short email indicating if you plan to participate.
Link to Results
Winter Rally #4 — Feb 27, 2022 (CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER)
Its rally time again!
The weather person is not vey optimistic. Strong winds, maybe too much and a lot of rain, but it should be mild.
Attached is a course that favours lots of SE wind.
Let me know who is in and who isn’t. Go/No go announced Saturday evening or early Sunday morning.
At 4:30 PM, Saturday, February 26th, Peter wrote:
Given the weather tomorrow is expected to be what we have at the moment (ie cold and wet), I’m not surprised that no boats have signed up tomorrow’s rally.
So, let’s cancel tomorrow’s rally and rescheduled it for next Sunday, March 6.
Link to Results
Winter Rally #4 — Mar 6, 2022
The weatherman is offering a more upbeat forecast for Sunday, lots of sun and warm(er). The wind forecast is still a bit dodgy – 5 to 15 kts NW.
Attached is the rally course. Send me a short email if you plan to participate. Go/no go decision announced Saturday evening or early Sunday morning.
Saturday evening Peter wrote: Tomorrow’s rally is a GO. Skippers meeting at 1000.
Link to Results
Winter Rally #5 — Mar 20, 2022
The last rally of the Winter Series is Sunday. The wind forecast is good, 10 – 20 kts SE. The rest of the forecast, not so much, cool and wet. But hey, its the Winter Series.
Attached is a course for Sunday and an updated score sheet.
Let me know if you are in.
A Go/No go decision announced Saturday or early Sunday morning.
At 6 PM, Saturday, March 19, 2022 Peter wrote:
Tomorrow’s rally is a GO. See you at the 1000 Skippers’ Meeting.