Update March 20, 2020 from the SCYC Regatta Committee
Planning for the BMW Lasqueti Island Regatta 2020 began early and our Regatta Committee has achieved remarkable progress towards its successful delivery as a premier event. We hope to be able to stage this Regatta as planned, welcoming sailors to a great weekend of racing June 5-7. Many sailors have already registered for the event. However, current circumstances cause us to consider the possible implications of COVID-19.
We are actively monitoring daily insight provided by BC Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and the Vancouver Island Health Authority and future decisions concerning the BMW Lasqueti Island Regatta 2020 will be directly consistent their guidance.
Consequently, Schooner Cove Yacht Club advises sailors that we will publish a regular Regatta update by email each two weeks until a decision can be made that we will, or will not, be able to stage the BMW Lasqueti Island Regatta.
If circumstances allow it to proceed, our enthusiastic Regatta Committee is ready to jump into action to stage another great BMW Lasqueti Island Regatta. At this time our Online Registration is suspended pending our future decision.
We need to get out sailing again – but protecting ourselves and our friends and neighbours is our highest priority.
BMW Lasqueti Island Regatta Chair
SCYC Fleet Captain