Note 1: Voting procedures are as follows:
– only one vote per 2022 Regular or Honourary Life Membership;
– number of votes submitted must be at least 25;
– ordinary motions and resolutions are approved by a simple majority;
– special resolutions require a 75% majority;
– the Special Resolution to amend the by-laws offer the opportunity for members to submit a Proxy vote to SCYC Secretary, Kathy Swangard at least 24 hours prior to the meeting on November 23, if they are unable to attend the meeting.
Note 2: Please send questions in advance, not later than November 19, 2021. Questions should be emailed to Scott Brown at email@example.com.
Note 3: All documents listed above will be posted in the members login section of the website under Meeting Minutes and General Reports under AGM/SGM section.
Note 4: The By-Laws can be located on the website in the Members’ Area.
Note 5: The meeting will follow the procedure stated in SCYC By-Laws Section 2 Meeting of Members. Robert’s Rules of Order will be followed.
Note 6: Yearbook and membership cards will be available in the first quarter of 2022. If you require cards earlier please contact the Vice Commodore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Burgees are available for purchase from the Rear Commodore Doug Herchmer by email or phone. Remember, up-to-date membership cards and burgees are required when using Cruising Stations or Reciprocals.
We encourage all members to attend the Annual General meeting. This is your opportunity to learn about the activities since the Spring General Meeting and the plans of the executive in the coming months. If you have sponsored new members this year, please encourage them to attend this virtual meeting. If you have any questions regarding the AGM Zoom procedures, please contact the Zoom Host, Janette Brown at email@example.com prior to November 23.
We look forward to seeing you on Zoom!
Scott Brown, Commodore
And your 2021 SCYC Executive