Kim Mauriks, Bio
- I have been around commercial fish boats my whole life. My father and his brothers were commercial fishermen.
- We have fished from San Diego to the Gulf of Alaska and all points in between.
- My Dad and his brothers were the first to use Fiberglass for large commercial vessels and freeze at sea.
- I took it one step further and shipped live and 1 day fresh. It was always about quality.
- I love being on the ocean and the connection you get from long periods at sea. Most people don’t get that opportunity.
- I have been an owner/operator of salmon, tuna, halibut, herring, prawn and crab vessels.
- We have lived in the Schooner Cove area for 33 years
- We have sold fish on the docks at Schooner and for four years did day charters in the area. Mainly to Jedediah Island when it became a Marine Park.
- In 2020 we sold the last fishboat the Triple M II. I had been in the same bunk for 55 years. 10 days later we purchased the Grey Pearl. A ’78 OA 50 Mk 1. Now we get to cruise the PNW and take our time to enjoy all the places we have learned over the years.
- Looking for cruising partners now. Most retired fishermen want to get as far away from boats and the ocean as they can
Please join us for a very informative evening……
Your SCYC Director At Large